Monday, December 26, 2022

 So Happy Christmas!

I finished work on the 20th and have been doing epic walks with the dogs. Christmas I was alone as usual, so we went to the coast and I walked the 10 mile round trip from Herne Bay to Whitstable and back along the sea front. Got rained on a few times, not heavily but enough to get wet and watched some insane people go for a Xmas dip.

Christmas has become a bit easier in the last year or so, I used to really struggle to get through it with the constant barrage of "happy family" stuff and knowing mine was different but definitely the last two years have been easier.

God - my CEO drove over with a present for me and an invite to spend Christmas Day with her on Sunday. It was amazingly kind of her but she is the sort of person to try and show off what she has - intentionally, or unintentionally I dont know, but the thought was really nice.

I've been busy with the dogs - oh hahaha. The ambulance station up the road went on strike so I bought them cookies and that to support! 

Today I went to E and P's sister's for Boxing day as they are also insistent about me spending the time alone. I've obviously known them since schooldays and all their family so it was nice, a bit awkward when they were all doing presents but they had a few for me, so again it was very appreciated! 

No comments: