Monday, May 09, 2022

 And now its May and still the brave people in Ukraine fight on. I did a collection of items to send over to them, I still have some of it tbh that I need to sort out where to send on to.

I am now loan free! This is the first time, I think since Welshy left which is now what? Six years ago? I am still in lots of credit card debit, but I'm hoping by September I'd have paid one of those off and can go from there.

Life continues to be exhausting... Following on from the car electrics issue at the start of Feb/March. I then somehow managed to explode a tire doing the Dartford Crossing (2 miles of sheer tunnel hell) before I managed to get to a place to pull over. 

I had nowhere to go except sit in the car with Mrs Collie, ringing the police in a flap meant that they would be about 40 minutes away. Same with the RAC. Just about to resign myself to death and tears when a lovely man from Halfords pulled over on the way home from work, put the spare tire on and I was able to then do the crossing to get home.

Turned out I had nails in the other tire on that same side so that was a very expensive trip out to nowhere.

I had to give up ShareMare, the petrol was getting unaffordable, its nice though to not have to be rushing around everywhere after work and having a couple of days at home just chilling.

Mrs Collie has now attended two flyball comps and been a really good girl in both. No chase incidents and only baby mistakes. I'm still holding my breath that it might not work out at the next comp this weekend but who knows?

Mrs Spaniel is obviously awesome as ever. Both have an agility competition lined up for next weekend. This will be Mrs Spaniel's last year of agility. Somehow she is now 8, and I owe it to her not to hammer her around things. She loves her flyball more so she will be happy with that.

I have Covid! Or at least I did. I had both jabs and the booster and yet I was still really grotty. I think it was during that week, I got casual about wearing my mask on the train. Its back to pre-covid levels of busy and very few mask wearers, so when it slipped out my bag, I just didn't bother replacing it.

Compared to some people I've got off lightly. The first few days I was a wreck, coughing lots of shit up from my lungs, a sandpaper throat and an endlessly streaming nose and Christ the tiredness was/IS something else!

On day 3 when I felt well enough to get out of bed and wash my bedding, I then needed a four hour nap to recover! I'm still getting tired very quickly and still coughing, although now it's more of a dry, tickly cough. Waiting to see if work want me in tomorrow/Thursday or if they want me to carry on WFH on our next two office days. 

I'm not going to complain obviously if they say to stay home!!! 

No comments: