Monday, March 15, 2004

hehe, I've spent the last hour in an inspired fit of scribbling, i've been planning the revenge email i'm going to send to my I.S tutor who has unfairly been hassling me, i hope the bastard feels guilty, i'm gonna send it to him as soon as i get the email from Vole Lady. It goes as follows:

"Firstly let me apologise that it has taken this long to get my independent study proposal form finalised and allow me to explain some of the reasons behind this.1. I live in London and cannot afford to stay and carry out my independent study over the summer in Derby, so this meant emailing and visiting places in London, only one organisation replied to my email positively and this place is in Kent, a good 2 hours train ride away, from my home in London, as I do not have a car, this made getting down to visit and organise, very difficult in fitting it in between my university work.
2. Over Christmas my Granddad went into hospital for a routine knee operation, he came out just after Christmas with a lung infection and MSRA, he collapsed and spent a week fighting for life in Intensive Care before dying, this period of 3 weeks hit me extremely hard as I was very close to him, and I had only just returned from the funeral (on the Monday) before the Independent Study submission date (on the Friday).
3. My Father for the past 4 years has been suffering from Renal metastic cancer, which has also spread to his lungs, naturally this involves a great deal of worry on my part and many operations and different forms of treatment on his part. Recently while my Granddad was ill we were hit by the news that his treatment was not working and his tumour on his adrenal gland had in fact grown.
4. My housemate is diagnosed as manic depressive and is currently going through a ‘downward spiral’ as well as looking out for her,
, again this has caused a great deal of worry for her on my part.
Finally my computer recently caught a bug, meaning that I have had to re-install my hard drive and losing all the university and Independent Study work that I had not had yet backed up on disc and me having to work very hard to catch up with my notes and re-write parts of my coursework, when you add all this to the general stresses and strains of university life, I hope that you can appreciate that although I have tried to carry on without any of this affecting my university work, that sometimes it avoidably has affected it.
So my Independent Study proposal form which is not marked was placed to one side for a week or two while I caught up with everything else and tried to deal with what is going on in my life.
If you had asked me what was the reason I had not got this all completed on time I could have explained to you and got corroborating evidence, however on the two occasions when I have tried to explain all this to you, you have treated me as if I have not bothered about my Independent Study when I assure you that it has been important to me that my work did not suffer during this time, however I have had to prioritise my work and this unmarked form has had to be placed to the rear of the list.

No comments: